Thursday, February 28, 2008

Mariah Wants You To Touch Her

Musical femme fatale Mariah Carey is back with her single, "Touch My Body". Her new album E=MC2 is slated to be released in the U.S on April 15th. Following the formula for most of her first singles "Touch My Body" is filled with playful, flirty lyrics laced with a sensual tone and a beat that keeps your attention. As a Mariah fan I'm sure I'll grow a liking to some of the other tracks on the new album. While critics have reveled in challenging the pop/r&b diva to hang up the mic unless she's singing ballads I still love Mariah Carey and basically anything she puts out. Her ability hit high notes and strum songs in her airy voice could convince me to like a song about icecream and lemon drops if she sung about it.

"Touch My Body" is co-written by R&B longtime hitmaker and new R&B soloist, The-Dream and produced by M.C herself and Tricky Stewart. The video concept featuring a Geek Squad nerd coming to fix Mariah Carey's computer who watches as she roams around in lingerie and revealing outfits is a little cheezy it's still worth viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter