Friday, June 24, 2011

Cooking Chronicles: Quiche part 2



So, the first time I made a quiche in December it didn't go that smoothly. I think the culprit was that I didn't use real eggs and used egg substitutes (was lazy and didn't feel like getting a regular carton). So once I sliced, diced and threw everything together it took forever for everything to cook and for awhile it was really runny and I had to throw it in the oven to cook more. Despite falling apart a bit when cutting slices, it still came out really good.

Fast forward to June - my last quiche came out perfect. I used 6 real eggs, shredded cheddar cheese, turkey bacon (cooked beforehand), raw mushrooms, and spinach from a can and buttered the pan with a butter substitute and not an oil. It was the perfect texture and consistency, and I was pleasantly surprised after last time's fail. I cooked it for about 35 minutes.

My two cents on making a quiche: don't use fake eggs (unless you have to because you don't eat real eggs) ! Also, using butter to grease the pan makes the crust hold everything together more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter