Friday, July 8, 2011

How I Made a Karma Book

I don't throw out greeting cards. Now, that's not to say I know where every card I've ever received is - I don't. When I get new cards I display them; these cards I used are from a few years ago or so. I've wanted to do something creative with the dozens of greeting cards I've received over the years for awhile. Yesterday, I took an empty scrapbook, some edge scissors and cut out inspirational or positive messages people have written me in cards and make some "karma pages".

I didn't cut up ALL my greeting cards as some had very long messages, or had beautiful covers so I creatively incorporated those without cutting anything. I highly reccomend this for anyone who has a bunch of greeting cards and has no idea what to do with them. This took me like about 45 minutes.

My reason for making this is to collect positive words of encouragement and good wishes I've received along with some images for an artistic effect. I call it a Karma Book because it is filled with memories, words of encouragement and messages from some of the closest people to me (and some I was close to at one point in time), and somehow I've connected that with the idea of attracting positivity. You also can use any images or inspirational quotes you live by to fill the pages, I just started with what I already had.

Note: This is super easy. I am by no means a scrapbooker, or expert with arts and crafts, but was able to make it look pretty decent.

Materials: scrapbook 12''12, textured cardstock 12''12, decorative edge scissors, glue stick, and bond glue, greeting cards, old concert stubs, card cover images, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter