Saturday, January 31, 2009

Gangstas Don't Ask Questions

You know you're someone special when Katie Couric interviews you! I've always liked Katie's style and approach, but she certainly brought it home for me a few months ago when she grilled Sarah Palin, and basically proved furthermore to America why this woman was not right for the position as VP of the United States.

Expecting the worst, from this clip from Katie Couric's All Access Grammy Special Lil' Wayne actually came across as mellow and down to earth speaking to her about music and why he dropped the 'D' from his name.

However, I guess to remind the world he's a "rapper"and "hood", when asked a legitimate question by Katie Couric regarding what he'd ask Former President Bush if he had a chance to about how Hurricane Katrina was handled he responded, " I'm gangsta and gangstas don't ask questions".

What Lil' Wayne? There's no Styrofoam cup in your hand nor are you slurring any words, so I'm assuming your sober when you're giving this interview, so what kind of answer was that? He made an interesting comparison in the beginning when he told her music is a another form of the news and journalism and with his music he reports on the new president, his take on money, the economy, etc. I just feel he could of had a better response than that. At least explained why gangstas don't ask questions!



But I just find it hard being that Lil' Wayne can come off intelligent when he chooses to, and hard seeming as he's a New Orleans native who has spoken out about Hurrican Katrina's aftermath and someone who looks to get teary-eyed in the interview when she brings up the subject retorts by claiming "gangstas don't ask questions". No hate, no hate, I actually like Lil' Wayne, I just feel that comment a.) made no sense and b.) just wasn't the right forum to say that. But I guess he was just keepin' it gangsta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter