Tuesday, March 3, 2009

McNugget Lovin'



I couldn't help myself. So just when I wasn't done shaking my head at the Florida man who called 911 because Burger King ran out of lemonade, comes Latreasa Goodman. Latreasa just wanted some of that McNugget lovin' only to find that the McDonalds was out of McNuggets. I can understand the outrage, I've never encountered that either and I would of been shocked too. However, when she was told she would not receive a refund and had to pick another item off the menu instead of doing what normal/sane people would do which is, I don't know ask to speak to a manager or at the very maximum call the cops (even then is a bit overboard), she dials a 911 dispatcher. In fact, she calls 911 three times!

However, as most of us learned as a kid, calling 911 is no joke. I remember accidentally calling 911 a few times and panicking wondering if they were going to show up at my front door responding to the call. Luckily, that never happened.

When the cops finally showed up she apparently said, "this is an emergency, my McNuggets are an emergency." This woman cannot be serious. I love how calm the operators are on the phone. I know they're trained to do that, but I don't know if I could have contained my laughter. She was later given a misdeameanour citation and this isn't her first experience with 5-0. The Smoking Gun article contains more details and audio of all three 911 calls:
I shouldn't do this because I hate this commercial and it was only really funny the first three times, but here's that infamous McDonalds commercial featuring that guy with the fake R&B song about his girl creepin' on him......with nuggets.


2 comments:

  1. haha sounds to me like this chick was high on something to call 911 on mcdonalds! Either that or just straight up crazy. I dialed 911 once or twice outta curiousity too. I just wanted to see what would happen. Suprisingly, it takes a few rings for them to answer! I was thinking, "What if this was really an emergency?!" I don't think they have call waiting either - I think i heard someone called it and it was busy! I'm not really a fan of fastfood but I do like my nuggets and Big Mac...and idk if it's just because the sun is in Pisces and/or the commercial but I've been craving that fish sandwich from Wendy's lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your comments Jen, they're always so thorough, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter