Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mic Check

I have more than enough recent albums to keep me busy for awhile; Chrisette Michele, Keri Hilson, Jamie Foxx, Day 26, a few hip-hop albums and many more I need to check out. But there are some artists I'd like to see to put out a new album now. I know I'm greedy, but blame it on the talent. Some of these artists may be preparing for a new release, but these were just a few on my mind today.


Whitney Houston - Don't hate. Ms. Houston still and will always have diva status. Now, we've been getting pump fakes for years with rumors of a new Whitney Houston album, but I heard this time she really is working on putting together an albums soon. Let's hope so; at this rate we won't get another album from her until she's 60. Not a good look.


Justin Timberlake - Sorry Robin Thicke, my favorite blue eyed soul crooner is still JT, but you're very close on the chart. Oh, and on that new album, Justin I want a bunch of ballads with a side of that pop/r&b you do and a song featuring Lil Wayne. Sound good? Great.



Alicia Keys - I was feeling a certain type of way about her with that whole Swizz Beats/Mashonda marriage controversy came to light, but I won't let that get in the way of my love for Alicia's musical style. I know, her last album wasn't that long ago, but I'm in the mood for that intrinsic talent that captures the spectrum of human emotion and love and that's definitely A. Keys.



Mya - She's not been forgotten in the industry at all, but where is the new album??

TGT- Weren't Tyrese, Ginuwine and Tank supposed to have this super R&B trio thing going on? I think all we got was a remix to Tank's song, "Please Don't Go". Stop playing and show us what you got.



Res - This woman has kept me hanging since 2001. After How I Do, she's still worked creatively on music, worked with Talib Kweli with Idle Spacehip, did a song for the Akeelah and the Bee movie, and released an album via Internet only but no official release. I usually don't say this about artists, but since you're keeping us hanging Res, yes, I want a How I Do part 2, no lengthy comments about going in a new direction and artistic expression, but just copy the same formula for me. Thanks.

Wyclef Jean - I need some electic guitar riffing hip-hop, singing, reggae mumbo jumbo and 'Clef is the perfect person, if not the only one who can satisfy my personal taste for this. Please make the first single with someone out of left field like a rocker or someone just so it has a kick to it.

Rihanna - Perfect timing! Maybe around fall or so, if Rihanna releases a new album out. I am very interested to hear, not so much any bitter songs indirectly or directly intended to get at Chris Brown, but how her style changes or stays the same. She definitely has grown a bit from album to album, but not completely morphed into something new; this year seems to have been a growing time for her as a person and her image so I'm love to see how she reflects that on a new album.







And just because I had to take it there: Spencer Pratt. Yes, from the TV show, The Hills, who recently during a radio interview expressed his dismay at the current state of hip-hop and added in he was a hotter rapper than most in the industry, "“I’ve always known that I secretly am the hottest rapper in the game. I’m the white Jay-Z in the game.” For his sake I hope he was joking, but I'm wondering what he'd call his album? The Silver Spoon, Very Resonable Doubt, The Wack Album? You know where I'm going with this. It's not that he's white that's the issue; the white rapper thing is no longer an anomaly or anything for anyone to scoff at it's that he puts himself in the category as Jay-Z and honestly is talking like he's going to save hip-hop when he would have a lot to prove.

More selections to come!

www.dnatalkradio.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter